Following the success of the first volume of The Owls’ Breakthrough From Innovation to Impact, we are proud to present Volume 2, the follow-up edition.
Once again we have found leading politicians, businessmen and industrialists who were prepared to contribute. As sustainability and the circular economy are hot topics that confront political and business leaders all over the word with many practical issues, we have also included two chapters that deal specifically with them.
Volume 2 contains seven case studies focusing on leadership, including
- interviews with former South African president F.W. de Klerk on how and why he set up the Global Leadership Foundation;
- Unilever chairman Paul Polman on transforming a multinational giant into a sustainable company while boosting profits;
- former Dutch prime minister Jan Peter Balkenende on how he put innovation at the top of his agenda while in office;
- Koos van Oord, former head of marine engineering company Van Oord, on how a 150 years privately-owned family business can prosper in a world dominated by giant multinationals;
- plus chapters on innovative programmes in Dutch and US healthcare and on the Circular Economy.
Both Breakthrough books are published in several formats. PDF and EPUB versions are available for free download . Print copies (paid-for) can be ordered from amazon.com, amazon.co.uk and other European Amazon websites.
As the aim of The Owls is to distribute and share our work with as many people as possible, we would be pleased if you would share the link to the book on your social media networks.